USDz Exporter for Autodesk® Inventor by ProtoTech
USDz is a 3D file format that displays 3D and AR content on iOS. This Application is called “USDz Exporter for Autodesk® Inventor®” exports solid bodies to a USDz file.
It will improve the user’s experience with Apple iPhones by leveraging the built-in Quick Look feature to engage AR applications launched from smartphones and browsers.
It has other capabilities like validating 3D assets, seeing data in plain text form, managing mesh data and adding attributes to nodes.
USDz File Format Specification
- USD format 2.0
- Supports Inventor 2021 and earlier versions
- Face level transparency
- Supports both part and assembly models
- Directly supported on ios devices, no app required
- Texture, metalness, and roughness of material is supported
- Default compression helps reduce the file size as much as possible
If you are using any software to build 3D models, you can find related plugins on different CAD platforms which will help you in exporting directly to USDz or other file formats on the ProtoTech website.