Our Client operates a Machine Shop.They launched a software company in the technical computing sector which provides a platform that enables 3D model viewing, translation, quoting and programming on cloud and mobile devices.
In today’s engineering world, when your design teams are not only divided by the Model parts they are designing, but also by the positions where they sit, it’s important to share the models instantly. This helps let your colleagues see and work on the proposed improvements in real-time. The challenge can be resolved by working with a browser-based 3D Model visualization and collaboration tool.
- The scattered design and development can be resolved by working with a browser-based 3D Model visualization and collaboration tool. The database of designs can also be maintained on such a tool. In this way, knowledge is not limited to one expert and designers need not re-create the design every time.
- With this in mind, our client approached ProtoTech Solutions to develop a browser-based platform to store past projects that could be retrieved by sales and design teams while planning quotes and process charts for new projects. The 3D models can be displayed in the web browser as well as on handheld mobile devices
Browser-based 3D viewer
ProtoTech team developed a 3D web viewer by integrating a proprietary data exchange SDK (Software Development Kit). With this, users can:-
- Safely, securely store all legacy files on their browser & search for past projects.
- Share and collaborate with other stakeholders,
- Draw a bounding box around any CAD model and further use the measurement tool for faces or vertices to calculate surface area or volume.
- Translate and View any CAD model on the cloud
- Compare revisions of the same project or a project with similar geometry
Mobile 3D Viewer :
Our team used an Open source 3D framework to develop a mobile application(iOS & Android based).
- With this users can perform measurements, check bounding boxes and perform all 3D interactions on the 3D Model.
- The client worked with another large Indian IT company to develop its product, but the company lacked a 3D background. In a very short time, ProtoTech transformed the basic 3D viewer into a fully functional advanced 3D web and mobile viewer. The team was flexible enough to adapt the existing process and was able to work well with other development teams.
- Regular update of meetings and daily progress reports
- The team significantly reduced the management overhead for the client, who was very pleased to be working with ProtoTech on ongoing development work.