Primarily Transmagic is an integrated CAD translator which can open, view and query any major 3D CAD format in the world. TransMagic provides multiple tools to place parts exactly where they are needed in a 3D space. When preparing a digital mock-up, easily import multiple parts in any CAD format into a new file and place parts in the exact position and orientation required. Align parts in an assembly environment to other parts, axes, planes, radii and more.
- We faced challenges while implementing all these features for Assembly models.
- One of the API from the geometric kernel which was needed to handle the modified transformation at component level was not working as expected. It was having some known limitations.
- To apply the correct transformation after modifications, we implemented a workaround by applying some mathematical calculations.
- Using Precise Positioning, parts can be aligned in many ways.
- Linear and Angular movements can be done either intuitively or by using precise values. Table.1 shows the provided interface and available functionalities from Precise Positioning.
- One can place the parts exactly where they are needed in 3D Space.
- Ideal feature for digital mock-up or virtual prototyping.
3D CAD format
Table.1: Precise Positioning
Fig.1: Align Planes
(Target body gets transformed to align the selected target face with the selected source face.)
Fig. 2: Make Concentric
(Target body gets transformed to match the center of the target entity with the source entity.)
Fig. 3: Make Parallel
(Selected body gets transformed to put the target entity in the same plane of source entity.))
Fig. 4: Point to Point transform
(The target body gets transformed by applying the transformation from the source vertex to target vertex.)
Fig. 5: Linear Transform
(Using linear transformation users can linearly transform the target body along X, Y, Z axis.)
Fig. 6: Rotate transform
( Using Rotate transform users can apply the rotational transformation by rotating the body along X, Y, Z axes but the linear transformation is not allowed.)
Fig.7 : 3 Point Transform
(Target body gets transformed by applying transformation from three selected source vertices to three selected target vertices.)
Fig. 8: Freeform
(Using this tool user can freely transform the body anywhere in the view without any limitations.)
Mirror transformation gets applied to the target face along the selected face/edge.
integrated CAD translator
3D CAD format
Reorient and RePosition model pieces
Thank you for doing such a great job – we’re very excited about this new product and our Prototech team. We’ve got a winner here.
–Craig Dennis, CTO / TransMagic Inc.