Our client is a privately held configurator and a software company headquartered in Illinois, US.
Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML) is a 3D scene description language. All the aspects of virtual display, interaction, and working of the internet can be specified using VRML without depending on special equipment like Head Mounted Devices (HMD). Our client already had an Inventor for VRML exporter and it was developed by a different company. However, it was not maintained properly, so he approached us to develop an Inventor for VRML exporter
- Export the Inventor loaded model (part or entire assembly document) into VRML format
- Add support for textures and color
- VRML Exporter with option to retain user interactions
- ‘Save Copy As’ option for VRML Files (.wrl)
- Dialog box with the option to choose directory for storing the file in VRML Format
- Support for Read/ Write of values (specified by the user through dialog box) into registry
The team at ProtoTech Solutions delivered the product along with the IP in a short time and at a reduced cost which is lesser than the cost of maintaining the current product
The client was able to export very large models in VRML format.
- Our product helped the client’s team in analyzing the assemblies and part documents in VRML format
- VRML Exporter tessellates the assembly file or part file, loaded in the AutoDesk Inventor, until the face level. And exports the shape, geometry, texture, color attributes, and rendered styles into the VRML specific format. Using the VRML Viewer the user can view the exported VRML file (.wrl format)
- The satisfied customer returned for another project
We have found ProtoTech to be an outstanding partner. The quality of their work, their responsiveness, and their commitment to delivering on time and on budget is second to none.