Sunglass.io was started by two brilliant MIT graduates with a vision to create a web-based 3D model sharing platform, to enable real-time collaboration between different design teams operating from different geographical locations. Such a platform brings efficiency and productivity to the complete development process.The platform has been acquired by Wikineering, a not-for-profit organization developing a knowledge-sharing platform for engineers.
Web-based 3D model sharing platform to enable real-time collaboration between different design teams operating from different geographical locations.
- Although they had a team to develop their core product, they trusted the capabilities of ProtoTech Solutions and approached us to develop a full-fledged iOS viewer for CAD models with real-time collaboration capabilities and to develop CAD plug-ins for SolidWorks, Inventor, Rhino, and Maya to work on Cloud.
- The team was required to make use of REST API, to communicate with Cloud backend and to provide a complete file management facility on the desktop through plug-ins.
ProtoTech developed a web-based 3D model sharing platform for desktop and mobile with features such as real-time collaboration, version control management, review tool, security, 3D parts library, and custom branding, etc.
Technologies incorporated :
- Advanced graphics library
- REST API
- SolidWorks, Inventor Rhino, Maya API
- Google authentication
- NSIS installers
- Mixpanel Analytics
- ProtoTech team successfully managed product development with changing requirements
- The team supported 1 million triangles of tessellated data on Mobile viewer
- The team created a common code architecture for all CAD plug-ins resulting in less development time, faster version updates, and overall maintenance
- The team completed the assigned work in time with a steep learning curve in the understanding and incorporation of emerging technologies.
First of all let me say again, amazing work guys. I have been consistently impressed with your solutions, your speed at implementation and ability to improvise with our product and schedules
– Robin Willis, Sunglass (ww.sunglass.io)