Roblox is a world’s leading user-generated massively multiplayer online social gaming platform for playing games, who has been on a wild ride in just 11 years. Every month, over 62 million players imagine, build, and play together within immersive 3D worlds.
In 2016, our client was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
QA in Gaming
Bay Area, US
Roblox team approached us for regression testing of their wide genres of games.
With high competition in the market, Roblox had to ensure that the games are released in the market at the right time without defects, as planned by the producer. Hence Roblox was looking for testing 24*7.
- Filed Defects and had constant follow up on reported defects
- Wrote test cases in order to get a better test coverage.
- Helped them in their weekly release by performing smoke and sanity testing on live build just after release.
- We ensured that we addressed their concerns and made them understand our standpoint in terms of their expectations. This enabled us to identify the area of improvements and process enhancements for a seamless delivery. Thus, building a solid rapport with Roblox.
TYPES OF TESTING PERFORMED
- Regression Testing
- Smoke Testing
- Functional Testing
- Website testing
- Ad-hoc Testing & many more.
- Gear testing
- FPS testing for Performance check
- Multiplayer Online Game Testing
- Database tools used: Jira, Bugzilla, Rally, Testuff, MTM
- Graphics Mode: Direct 3DX, OpenGL, Automatic, testing
- Graphics card versions: Intel HD, NVIDIA GeForce, AMD Graphics card
Some Solutions Services Offered:
Functionality/Compatibility (Cross Browser)/ Localization/ Automation / Usability/ Alpha / Release / Security / Compliance Testing services
- Main focus on Quality of the deliverables and client satisfaction.
- Adapted to the changes in reporting processes by our clients and also contributed to improving the process. E.g. Overtook the dependency of offshore clients in terms of flag settings and started to make the necessary changes at our end.
- Working on new tools frequently was a great challenge. In which we succeeded, by giving our best.
- Created a QA process: Initially, there was no QA process maintained by Roblox.
- The proliferation of OSs and devices have started to rise exponentially, demanding for high maintenance of inventory. We started with windows and a MAC machine with 1 resource and now here we are 20+ resources testing on various platforms.
- We continuously strive to minimize the cost of QA.
For six years and counting, ProtoTech has been an extremely valuable quality assurance partner for Roblox. The thorough and disciplined testing conducted by ProtoTech’s QA team gives us great confidence that we are delivering high-quality product updates to our millions of users. They go to great lengths to not only uncover defects but also suggest product and process improvements. We highly recommend ProtoTech’s QA experts for software testing
–Tim Loduha, Senior Director, Roblox