About our Client
Our client – Roblox is a world’s leading user-generated massively multiplayer online social gaming platform for playing games, who has been on a wild ride in just 11 years. Every month, over 62 million players imagine, build, and play together within immersive 3D worlds.
The games are freely available on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive. Cloud-based, cross-platform experience allows friends to play together on different devices, anywhere they want.
In 2016, our client was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Filed Defects and had constant follow up on reported defects
Prepared test reports in order to share our daily issues, observations and suggestions too.
Weekly meetings and daily feedback from Roblox, we ensure that we address their concerns and make them understand our standpoint in terms of their expectations. This enabled us to identify the area of improvements and process enhancements for a seamless delivery. Thus, building a solid rapport with Roblox.
Types of Testing performed :
- Regression Testing
- Smoke Testing
- Functional Testing
- Website testing
- Ad-hoc Testing & many more.
- Graphics Mode: Direct 3DX, OpenGL, Automatic, testing
- Graphics card versions: Intel HD, NVIDIA GeForce, AMD Graphics card
- Network animation testing
- Gear testing
- FPS testing for Performance check
- Multiplayer Online Game Testing
Database tools used: Jira, Bugzilla, Rally, Testuff, MTM
Domain : QA in Gaming
Location: Bay Area, US
With high competition in the market, Roblox had to ensure that the games are released in the market at the right time without defects, as planned by the producer. Hence Roblox was looking for testing 24*7.
Wrote Test Cases :
We wrote new test cases as well as reviewed and updated existing test cases from time to time.
Performed testing on :
- Windows machine(XP, 7,8, 10 & Vista) and devices
- Mac (10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10,10.11 10.12,10.13 and 10.14)
- iOS and Android devices(15+ devices)
- Fire OS
Some Solutions Services Offered:
Functionality/Compatibility (Cross Browser)/ Localization/ Automation / Usability/ Alpha / Release / Security / Compliance Testing services
- Main focus on Quality of the deliverables and client satisfaction.
- Adapted to the changes in reporting processes by our clients and also contributed to improving the process. E.g. Overtook the dependency of offshore clients in terms of flag settings and started to make the necessary changes at our end.
- Working on new tools frequently, was a great challenge. In which we succeeded, by giving our best.
- Created a QA process: Initially, there was no QA process maintained by Roblox.
- The proliferation of OSs and devices have started to rise exponentially, demanding for high maintenance of inventory. We started with windows and a MAC machine with 1 resource and now here we are 12+ resources testing on various platforms.
- We continuously strive to minimize the cost of QA.
Jim Quanci, Sr. Director, Autodesk Developer Network (USA)
Tim Loduha, Senior Director, Roblox
Ron Fritz, CEO - Tech Soft 3D
Martin Flaherty, Skooter, Inc.
Craig Dennis, CTO - TransMagic Inc.
Vikas Saxena, Head Software Developer, Renishaw Metrology Systems
Chris, Columbus, Ohio based software company
Robin Willis, Sunglass
Michael McDonnell, Configure One (United States)
Kausik Dasgupta, R&D Manager, Blast Movement Technologies (Australia)
Martin Flaherty, Co-Founder - Skooter, Inc.
Dave Peel, President- Microvellum, Inc.
Sarah W. Stocker, Co-Founder, Wearlynx, Inc.
VP, Operations, US based Inspection Software Solutions Company
Jimmy Bergmark , JTB World (Sweden)
Alban Denoyel, Co-founder & CEO, Sketchfab. (USA)
Torrin Raoufi-Danner, Ostensor AB
Damian Rafferty, Pulse PLM
Biplab Sarkar, CEO, Nemetschek Vectorworks
Jim Plymale, President & CEO - Machine Research Corporation
Koen, R&D/Visualization- beMatrix
Bruno Courtois, Infrastructure, Greif
Peter Schlipf, Sr Manager Autodesk Developer Network EMEA
Dave Grupenhagen, DG Associates
Rika Hatai, Core Concept Technologies (Japan)
Titus, CenterMed (China)