Our Client, a software developer, launches a series of 3D PDF exporters on different CAD platforms. The company is backed by CAD Industry Veterans.
Bend, Oregon, USA
- The team conducted weekly update meetings and recorded regular progress updates.
- The team delegated the implementation role themselves so that there were no overhead management expenses for the client.
- The team’s previous experience in 3D visualisation and 3D PDF was crucial to overall product growth.
- The client appreciated the prompt delivery and the team’s feedback.
- In the last decade of working, in the field of visualization ProtoTech Solutions have witnessed a plethora of 3D file formats. On the one hand some are rich, but proprietary, and on the other hand some are simple, but too large.
- Some are rich but they are proprietary on the one hand and some are plain, but they are too big.
- Some are readable, others need access to software development kits (SDKs). Between all of these, 3D PDF has emerged as a leading format containing the best features of all of them and providing the most benefits.3D PDF Technology is the most commonly accepted standard in collaborative Business processes. Our client’s specific challenge was to develop a 3D PDF exporter for AutoCAD.
- Working closely with the client, the team at ProtoTech developed a comprehensive specification document.
- Once the specifications were done, the team worked on the development and provided daily updates on the project progress.
- Proprietary SDK (software development kit) was used.
- The client provided all the licences and timely suggestions based on the updates.
- The 3D PDF plugin developed by ProtoTech supports 3D Models, model tree, layers, captures/views, PMI, B-Rep, colors, blocks, password protection, etc. in PRC file format.
- The 3D PDF exported by the plugin contains almost all the information displayed in AutoCAD. Moreover it also presents the information in the same format as AutoCAD.
- Users can turn on/off layers to view entities from specific layers. All of these give end users greater flexibility in sharing the models.
- Many organisations including major Military/Aerospace companies have already added 3D PDFs as standards for archiving and sharing.