Client manufactures shop windows, furniture and displays, for the retail environment. They use their know-how and various materials to create solutions that are of budget. And are practical to space, in order to achieve the best possible look. The company aims to advance its technology and thus increase its market through the help of Augmented Reality to its customers, for their goods.
By providing information from the virtual world, augmenting over the physical world’s object at runtime, in the live feed, is their way to approach the bigger market. This way the client can customize an application for every new user. For e.g., one client can have dynamic pricing depending upon the number of sales and this information is augmented on each article at runtime.
- Google Cloud Vision API process image, for Labels, well-defined logos, OCR, etc…
- Catchoom process query image for logo detection
- Awe.js augments information over a specific detected logo
- The team developed a small web application using three different technologies/API such as Google Cloud vision API, awe.js, and Catchoom.
- Each technology has the same mechanism but works differently in terms of processing. While pointing the user’s mobile web browser to a specific URL, it opens a web page to access the camera. Mobile browsers access the camera using the getUserMedia function of HTML5.
- It captures images from the live feed, sends it to the server for querying.
- Server processes the query image and sends it back to the user, which gets augmented over articles such as logo, object etc.
ProtoTech helped us pioneer the concept of AR for retail products.
The work of ProtoTech was fundamental to better evaluate the many existing technologies, both based on image and pattern recognition. After testing different results, we decided to go with browser-based AR, being one of the first to adopt what is now becoming a standard for the sector. ProtoTech Team’s demonstrated to be quick in understanding our requirements, and to push their expertise in 3D formats into new directions, developing with new platforms and frameworks in record time
– Giorgio Mazzucchell