Our client Intrida develops engineering data integration solutions which harness the intelligence of technical data to help improve industrial project efficiencies and confidence.
CAD visualization and compare
Before constructing an industrial plant, multiple 2D, 3D, and 1D designs are created and worked on by various departments such as electrical, fabrication, piping, and so on. Different teams’ design versions must be validated to see if any required entities are missing, specific attributes of entities are missing, or attribute values are not within a feasible range. Various data can be imported, visualized, and compared using this tool, and errors and warnings are flagged accordingly.
- Importing various formats (1D, 2D, 3D) and retrieving data
- Data visualization in 1D, 2D, and 3D
- Run the comparison check to ensure that the design adheres to the rules.
- Display check history results in chart formats for an easy overview.
- We combined HOOPS Exchange and HOOPS Communicator to read and visualize a variety of 2D and 3D CAD formats. Excel was used to visualise 1D data.
- Implemented strategy to define the comparison rules in XML and based on the same did the check.
- With every check, maintained a version of results to show improvements to check if there’s improvement in errors to be resolved.
Language and SDK:
- SDKs Used : Hoops Communicator, Hoops Exchange-Publish
We had presented a very challenging set of objectives requiring intricate engineering processes. This was expertly handled by ProtoTech Solutions, with a high degree of technology expertise, deep understanding of product requirements and excellent communications. This has naturally lead to a perfect partnership which we are very proud of. Many thanks to ProtoTech Solutions!
–Henry Uyeme, CEO / Intrida