Founded in 2001, Transmagic is an integrated CAD translator which can open, view and query any major 3D CAD format in the world. Translation of CAD models to polygonal, neutral and native formats is supported.
To support the import and export functionality of various CAD and Polygonal formats using different standard toolkits.
- Investigated to select compatible toolkit.
- Mapped toolkit entities with renderer entities and render data of the imported model.
- Mapped the rendered data with the different file structures that we want to export.
TransMagic Supported Read/Write formats: Below is a list of import/export file formats that have been developed using 3rd party toolkits. Fig 1. Is diagrammatic representation for the same.
|AutoCAD Reader & Writer||.dwg, .dxf|
|SOLIDWORKS Reader & Writer||.sldprt, .sldasm|
|SMLib Reader & Writer||.sms, .iwb, .iwp|
|XCGM Reader & Writer||.xcgm|
|VDA-FS Reader & Writer||.vda|
|3DXML Reader & Writer||.3dxml|
|3D PDF Writer|
|Collada Reader & Writer||.dae|
|POD Reader & Writer||.pod|
|U3D Reader & Writer||.u3d|
|GLTF Reader & Writer||.gltf, .glb|
|FBX Reader & Writer||.fbx|
|3MF Reader & Writer||.3mf|
Fig1: Transmagic Translation formats supported by Prototech
- Integrated translation software that supports multiple CAD file formats for import and export.
- PMI import is supported along with geometry data.
CAD and Polygonal formats
Thank you for doing such a great job – we’re very excited about this new product and our Prototech team. We’ve got a winner here.
–Craig Dennis, CTO / TransMagic Inc.