4 toolkits to build 3D Mobile Apps. Develop your custom app today!
3. Cocos 3D:
Cocos 3D is a popular, free, open-source framework used for developing sophisticated dynamic cross-platform 3D games and applications.
- Supports OpenGL ES:
- Supports OpenGL ES 2.0 or OpenGL ES 1.1 on iOS and offers seamless integration with the iOS UI View Controller framework.
- All 3D model objects are rendered using a special Cocos2D layer, where 2D nodes and health bars can be drawn under, over, or beside 3D model objects, to create a rich, synchronized audio-visual experience.
- Pluggable framework:
- You can load 3D models exported from popular 3D editors or 3D object files like Collada or PowerVR POD.
- Memory management:
- Saves device memory by sharing mesh data between 3D objects and thus boosts performance.
- Automatic OpenGL state machine shadowing reduces OpenGL engine calls and increases OpenGL output.
- Objective C:
- Cocos 3D has documented API in Objective-C, eliminating the need to switch to C or C++, to work with 3D components.