XeoGl based GLTF viewer
XeoGl based GLTF viewer.
Understanding the client’s need of having a browser based GLTF Viewer which can load large GLTF model’s (>100MB) on low end android devices.
There were two major challenges.
1) To optimism 3D GLTF model and display it on Viewer.
2) To have CAD like zoom pan rotation (ZPR) controls with Orthographic camera in viewer.
Our team Investigated all the possible ways to optimise 3D models without changing the hierarchy. We used the following methods to optimise models.
- Rendering parts of large assembly models dynamically.
- Minimise draw calls.
- Render model only when required.
- Reduce redundancy in model data.
- Use level of detail.