Founded in 1991, Microvellum Inc. is a world leader in AutoCAD and Blender-based design, to manufacture software for the woodworking industry. Microvellum provides a fully integrated design and CAD/CAM solution for designers, engineers, non-automated manufacturers and highly automated wood product design, to manufacturing firms.
A lightweight 2D drafting application with API and command line interface. Provided command line utility to add entities in view port using commands like –
Drawing: Line, Poly line, Circle, Arc etc.
Editing: Move, Rotate, Copy, Explode, Offset, Extend, Trim, Join, Scale, Mirror, Fillet, Edit text etc.
Annotation : Linear Dimension, Aligned Dimension, Leader etc . Also supported snapping point, ortho mode, implied direction text box etc
Technologies: VB.Net, Eyeshot
Among number of challenges, some of them are as follows:
- Snapping points: Highlighting of center point of circle or arc on hovering mouse, over entity
- Command line utility: Validating inputs provided by user and listing respective commands and instructions for next expected input like AutoCAD Implementing Ortho Mode
- Identified which entity we have under the mouse cursor, if it’s a circle or arc then highlighted its center as a snap point.
- Decided the required number of inputs for a particular command. After getting valid inputs from the user for first input, displayed the next instruction accordingly.
- For ortho point, calculated smallest distance between current mouse cursor point and respective x or y intersection points.
ProtoTech is a first rate development partner for anyone working in the area of 3D modeling and related technology. Their expertise in 3D visualization is top notch. ProtoTech is much more than a contractor, they are a trusted partner and advisor to our business. I strongly recommend ProtoTech and feel fortunate to be their partner
– Dave Peel, President- Microvellum, Inc.