Are you using SolidWorks? You want to share models with others? You want to embed models in web pages? You can achieve this using Sketchfab and Sketchfab Publisher for SolidWorks®. Sketchfab is a web service for rendering, sharing and embedding 3D files in real-time without any plug-in on browser. Using Sketchfab Publisher for SolidWorks® (developed by ProtoTech Solutions) makes it easier to publish your models directly from SolidWorks environment to Sketchfab without leaving SolidWorks environment. Sketchfab Publisher for SolidWorks® supports exporting 3D model, packaging, and uploading to Sketchfab.
- Supports both part and assembly models.
- Supports color including face color also.
Sketchfab Publisher for SolidWorks® is compatible with 32 and 64 bit of SolidWorks (Version 2010 to 2014).
How to use Sketchfab Publisher for SolidWorks® :
- Create your free account on Sketchfab (www.sketchfab.com).
- Download and Install Sketchfab Publisher for SolidWorks®.
- Run SolidWorks, find “Publish To Sketchfab” button under File menu.
- If “Publish To Sketchfab” button is not available under File menu, make sure Sketchfab Publisher for SolidWorks® is loaded successfully.
- Once model is loaded, click on “Publish To Sketchfab” button under File menu. A dialog box will appear.
- Enter the model properties in this dialog. API key and model name are the minimum model properties needed to enter in dialog. Remaining properties are optional.
- Private API key can be found in Sketchfab dashboard.
- Click on “Publish” button to publish model directly to Sketchfab. Once you click on publish, progress bar will indicate the progress made in uploading the model.
- If the model is successfully published, it will be opened in a new browser window. Else, an error message will be displayed in a dialog box.