OBJ Exporter For SolidWorks®   ( Version: 1.6,   Updated Date: 13-July-2015)
Do you want to export your SolidWorks model to an open file format which is universally accepted? You should try exporting your Solidworks model to OBJ. OBJ (or .OBJ) is a geometry definition file format first developed by Wavefront Technologies. The file format is open and has been adopted by other 3D graphics application vendors. For the most part it is a universally accepted format.
Our OBJ Exporter For SolidWorks supports both face-level and body-level material (color and texture). Option has been provided to control the file size and quality by specifying precision value. Increasing precision value will increase the fineness and accuracy of the model as well as the file size. You can choose whether you want to tessellate at the body-level or face- level.
Versions Supported : SolidWorks 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,2015 and 2016 (Both Win 32 and 64 bit).
Please NOTE -
License Terms and Conditions:-
- The license is tied to one piece of hardware (machine). Once activated this license cannot be transferred to another machine.
- Your product activation key will be sent via email as soon as you complete the payment process.
- The activation will require internet connection. The internet connection is required only once for activation.
- If the machine is formatted for any reason, the license will have to be reactivated.
- The license is perpetual only for the downloaded version on the hardware which it is activated. While the current policy is to allow the updates for free, this may change in the future.
- While we will try to provide technical support, there are no committed warranties and support. We recommend that you evaluate our product to your satisfaction based on the free trials provided before making the purchase.
|Version||Release Date||What’s new|
|1.7||1. Changed license activation process.|
|1.6||07/13/2015||1. Licensing issue solved.|
You can try the plugin for 10 times for free. After that you need to activate the product.
For any query or activation, please contact at support@ProtoTechSolutions.com.
We are not supporting the scaled textures in this version. Default textures are supported.
How To Use OBJ Exporter For SolidWorks® :
- Download and install OBJ Exporter plugin for SolidWorks®.
- Run SolidWorks® and Load a model (part or assembly).
- There’s a new tab on ribbon bar named as ‘OBJ‘.
It contains following three menu items as shown in the image below.
After clicking here, a ‘Save As‘ dialog will display on our screen.
A default file name will appear in the file name text box. You can edit this name.
Click Save button to export the current model to HTML document.
It contains following options as shown in the image.
- Precision : You can control how accurately your model needs to be exported. If you need fine representation of the model, just check the “use Precision” check box and the slider will be enabled. You can slide and select the values from 0 to 15. Higher is the value, finer is the representation you will get and larger is the file size.Default is full precision.
- Textures : You can select whether you want to export textures or not. Default is set to export textures.
- Tessellation : You can choose from Body level and face level. Default is face level.
It displays the information about product. It provides facility to activate your product license at any time from this control. After exporting, an OBJ file will be generated.
This is how it looks in the browser.