OBJ Exporter For 3ds Max®   ( Version: 2.2,   Updated Date: 14-Oct-2015)
This plugin available on Autodesk store too
- It supports both face level and body level material (color and texture).
- There is an option to control the file size and quality by specifying precision value. Increasing precision value will increase the fineness and accuracy of the model as well as the file size.
- You can choose whether you want to tessellate at the body level or face level.
- All the data is compressed which reduces the file size to as much as possible.
Versions Supported : OBJ Exporter works with 3ds Max® 2015 and 2016. (Plugin for 3ds Max® version 2014 is available here).
License Terms and Conditions:-
- The license is tied to one piece of hardware (machine). Once activated this license cannot be transferred to another machine.
- Your product activation key will be sent via email as soon as you complete the payment process.
- The activation will require internet connection. The internet connection is required only once for activation.
- If the machine is formatted for any reason, the license will have to be reactivated.
- The license is perpetual only for the downloaded version on the hardware which it is activated. While the current policy is to allow the updates for free, this may change in the future.
- While we will try to provide technical support, there are no committed warranties and support. We recommend that you evaluate our product to your satisfaction based on the free trials provided before making the purchase.
|Version||Release Date||What’s new|
|2.2||10/14/2015||1. Greatly simplified license activation process. Please note: Existing customers who have already activated the product will have to contact our support to request for a key for reactivation after installing this update.|
|2.1||1. Fixed issue with license activation.|
|2.0||1. Supports exporting Solid bodies. 2. Supports textures and materials. 3. Supports face level colors and body level colors.|
We are providing 10 trials of the plugin in which you can use full set of features without any limitations. You will need to activate this plugin after 10 trials.
For activation please contact at: support@ProtoTechSolutions.com.
We are not supporting the scaled textures in this version. Default textures are supported.
How to Use OBJ Exporter for 3DS Max® :
- Download and install OBJ Exporter plugin for 3DS Max®.
- Run 3DS Max® and Load a model.
- There’s a new menu named as ‘OBJ‘.
It contains following three menu items as shown in the image below.
After clicking here, a ‘Save As‘ dialog will display on our screen.
A default file name will appear in the file name text box. You can edit this name.
Click Save button to export the current model to HTML document.
- Precision : You can control how accurately your model needs to be exported. If you need fine representation of the model, just check the “use Precision” check box and the slider will be enabled. You can slide and select the values from 0 to 15. Higher is the value, finer is the representation you will get and larger is the file size. Default is full precision.
- Export Normals : You can select whether you want to export normals or not. Default is set to export normals.
- Export Textures : You can select whether you want to export textures or not. Default is set to export textures.
- Tessellation : You can choose from Body level and face level. Default is face level.
It displays the information about product. It provides facility to activate your product license at any time from this control. After exporting, an OBJ file will be generated.