- Supports face level colors.
- You can set a password on the exported PDF file.
- Option to control the file size and quality by specifying precision value.
- There is always a default compression which helps reduces the file size as much as possible.
Version Supported: Navisworks Version 2015.
Please NOTE -
|Version||Release Date||What’s new|
|2.5||05/11/2017||1. Fixed : Hidden entities exported to the PDF now remains hidden in the exported model. User can 'unhide' them from model tree.|
|1.3||10/26/2015||1. Greatly simplified license activation process. Please note: Existing customers who have already activated the product will have to contact our support to request for a key for reactivation after installing this update. 2. New Feature: You can now export selected entities only. Can be a huge time saver!|
|1.2||10/08/2015||1. Fixed issue with license activation.|
|1.1||03/20/2015||1. Enhanced: Reduction in output file size by magnitudes (by 10+ times)|
|1.0||10/31/2014||1. Supports colors. 2. Supports wired bodies. 3. Creates encrypted and secured pdf files. 4. Provides 10 trials. 5. Fixed bug related to global language.|
We are providing 10 trials of the plugin in which you can use full set of features without any limitations. You will need to activate this plugin after 10 trials.
For activation please contact at 3DPDFForNW@ProtoTechSolutions.com.
We are not supporting textures.
How to Use 3DPDF Exporter for Navisworks®:
- Download and install 3DPDF Exporter plugin for Navisworks®.
- Run Navisworks® and Load a model.
- There’s a new tab on ribbon bar named as ‘ProtoTech 3DPDF').
It contains following three ribbon buttons as shown in the image below.
After clicking Export, a “Secure PDF” dialog will display on your screen as shown below. You can encrypt and secure your PDF document by assigning a password to it. This is a user password and will be needed to open the document.
After ticking the “Require a password to open a document” check box on, the password fields will be enabled where you can enter your password. If you tick that check box off, password fields will be disabled and no password will be assigned to the pdf.
If you do not wish to pop this dialog every time, you can tick the checkbox “Do not show this dialog again” and it won’t prompt you for password. You can revert this setting from preferences.
After you press OK, a ‘Save As’ dialog will display on our screen. Click Save button to export the current model to PDF file.
It contains following options as shown in the image.
- Precision : You can control how accurately your model needs to be exported. If you need fine representation of the model, just check the “use Precision” check box and the slider will be enabled. You can slide and select the values from 1 to 15. Higher is the value, finer is the representation you will get and larger is the file size.
- Export Normals : You can select whether you want to export normals or not.
- Security : You can choose whether you want to be prompted for password everytime you export.
It displays the information about plugin. It provides facility to activate your product license at any time from this control.
After exporting, a PDF file will be generated. This is how it looks.
D) Export selected entities
Make the selection before you hit the export button.
The following model shows whole model with selection.
The following model shows selected entities after export.